Participants’ quick links –
Click here to enter the password and you will be provided a link to the Google Doc.
On February 15, 2017, we presented at the METC conference. Our topic was Getting a Handle on Video in the Classroom: Pedagogically, Organizationally, and Financially. We both use videos when teaching and training and we discussed several challenges with using videos in the classroom:
- Finding quality videos
- Videos are everywhere. The trick is to find a few quality sites to search.
- When teaching math, I have used Khan Academy and MathTV as well as made my own. When teaching technology classes, I made my own but also used YouTube and Howcast.
- Click here for some ideas.
- Check out The 100 Best Video Sites for Educators
- Creating videos
- Measuring student interaction and holding students accountable for using videos
Since we only had 50 minutes, we created an interactive notebook in Google Docs for the session. It is designed to lead teachers through Getting a Handle on Video in the Classroom. If you did not attend and would like to access the interactive notebook, submit your request to email@example.com or you can access a PDF version from our TeachersPayTeachers site.